Hummingbirds are fascinating creatures. They are the smallest birds in the world, and they can fly up to 30 miles per hour.
Hummingbirds are also attracted to bright colors, so having flowers in your yard that are red, orange, and yellow will help attract them.
In this blog post, we will give you some tips on how to attract hummingbirds to your yard.
- Plant flowers that hummingbirds love. Some of the best flowers for attracting hummingbirds are trumpet-shaped flowers like honeysuckle, impatiens, and petunias.
- Put out a feeder filled with sugar water. You can buy a hummingbird feeder at most stores that sell bird supplies. Be sure to clean the feeder regularly and keep it filled with fresh sugar water.
- Hang brightly-colored wind chimes in your yard. Hummingbirds are attracted to bright colors, so hanging wind chimes in your yard is a great way to attract them.
- Make sure there is a source of water in your yard. A birdbath or small fountain is a great way to provide water for hummingbirds (and other birds too).
- Don’t use pesticides in your garden. Pesticides can be harmful tohummingbirds, so it’s best to avoid using them altogether.
Attracting hummingbirds to your yard is a great way to enjoy these amazing creatures up close. By following the tips above, you’ll be well on your way to having a yard that attracts lots of hummingbirds.